Helena Deland’s two latest singles, ‘There Are A Thousand’ and ‘Perfect Weather For A Crime’ are poetic, catchy, and undeniably magnetic. Helena’s voice runs shivers down spines and guides her self-described “sincere pop” to a completely irresistible state. Her songwriting sounds like a more melodically driven Courtney Barnett, equipped with clever word play and lush rock instrumentation. Check out Montreal’s fresh faced rock starlet Helena Deland and her latest sonic offerings off her upcoming album, Altogether Unaccompanied.
Montreal’s Helena Deland writes songs that are a testimony of a given time or place, converting her memories to something that sounds, in a word, unforgettable. A myriad of influences filter in and out of her writing, from ’60’s Parisian pop to indie folk to fuzz rock. She describes her songwriting as a collection of ‘unsent letters,’ perhaps fueling her self coined genre, ‘sincere pop.’ Helena captures the unapologetic aspects of womanhood the world needs today, highlighting powerful femininity in her vocals and refined writing in her unique lyrical choices. Helena will be touring the world over the next year, promoting the release of her upcoming LP, Altogether Unaccompanied.
- 04/01/2018Brighton Music Hall, Boston, MA W/ Superorganism
- 04/03/2018Boot & Saddle, Washington, DC W/ Superorganism (SOLD OUT)
- 04/05/2018Music Hall of Williamsburg, New York, NY W/ Superorganism (SOLD OUT)
- 05/17/2018The Great Escape Festival, Brighton, UK
- 05/18/2018The Great Escape Festival, Brighton, UK
- 05/19/2018The Great Escape Festival, Brighton, UK
- 05/24/2018Heartbreakers, Southampton, UK
- 05/26/2018The Waiting Room, London, UK
- 05/27/2018Dot to Dot Festival, Manchester, UK
- 05/28/2018Dot to Dot Festival, Bristol, UK
- 05/29/2018Dot to Dot Festival, Nottingham, UK
- 05/30/2018King Tuts Wah Wah Club, Glasgow, UK